Style Inspiration is a new bog series by Sycamore Street Press’s new team member, Allison Cornu. She always comes to work looking so cute; I asked her if she’d share some of her style secrets with us. – Eva
I am a tomboy. I always have been. My wardrobe consists of jeans, boots and sneakers. I have that one dress in the back of my closet that is reserved for Christmas parties, weddings, and Mother’s day brunch. Yet, there is more to tomboy style than scraped knees, and ponytails. Tomboy style is a very delicate balance between classic menswear pieces, comfort (just incase you need to break out dancing in the middle of work), and just enough femininity to still feel like a woman. So, when you come across someone pulls off that balance, it can be more breathtaking than a glamazon walking down the red carpet. The effortlessness and natural beauty radiates throughout. – Allison
1. When I saw this adorable Milan girl, I knew her style would be my inspiration. She has perfected the balance of femininity and tomboy.
2. Trench coats are a great pieces from menswear.
3. A black, slouchy bag goes with everything
4. Stripes, stripes, stripes!
5. Sneakers are the understated footwear. Great for dancing, running, working, travel, cooking, and all while look stylish.
6. A great geometric feminine touch.
7. I would add a pair of bright colored socks to this look.
8. Bright colored pencil skirts are an update on a classic, and add such an unexpected grace to this outfit.